I’ve been waiting to hear from my editor to see if they are going to buy my third book. The deadline was back in October. Nothing. Several follow up phone calls, emails, rescheduling and…still nothing. I’m trying to be patient; this isn’t unheard of in print publishing.
And honestly, I think I get why the decision may be particularly hard. On the one hand, it’s a really good book. Probably the best of the three. On the other hand…the first two books aren’t selling very well. Sales for the first one, FALLING IN LOVE, shrinking may have been anticipated. But sales for the second, FALL INTO ME, have never been good. Mind you, I know why. Because of the situation I was in when the second one came out, I wasn’t able to market it well at the time. Sales have always shown that. *sigh* Industry standard is that it would be very difficult to market it in mainstream venues at this late date. So, I’m marketing it here. And over at Facebook. And twitter. And anywhere else I can think of.